With summer on the way we can expect pests like cockroaches get on the move in Innisfail and surrounding areas.
Many species favour activity at night (or in dark areas). Depending on the species of cockroach, they hide during the day in warm, dark undisturbed places such as cracks and crevices, behind heating equipment, in sewers, storm water drains, in retaining walls and similar locations.
Why bother with cockroach control?
Cockroaches can carry disease-causing bacteria, spreading salmonella, dysentery, gastroenteritis and diarrhoea among others.
- Asthma and Allergies:
Cockroaches can also be responsible for asthmatic reactions. Children, the elderly and people prone to bronchial ailments can react to the discarded fragments of “skin” when cockroaches moult.
They spread rapidly. Every property is at risk from a cockroach infestation. Almost any organic matter is food for cockroaches, and they are great hitch-hikers and fliers.
- Breeding success:
Cockroaches are rapid breeders; just a couple of cockroaches can turn into huge numbers in just a few weeks. Continued sightings of cockroaches is a fairly good sign that they are breeding nearby
- Work Health and Safety:
For a business, control of cockroaches is vital to ensure a healthy work environment for your workers and the public.
- Commercial Risks:
Cockroach infestations can cause major damage to products and reputation of a business
Should I try and control cockroaches myself?
While there are some things you can do to minimise the impact of cockroaches yourself you should avoid DIY solutions that involve chemicals. Supermarket surface sprays can be very toxic and dangerous if applied in the wrong areas – avoid the risk of poisoning your pets and your family.
How Amalgamated Pest Control deal with cockroach control…
At Amalgamated Pest Control use the following basic procedure:
- A thorough inspection to determine where the cockroaches would be ‘hanging out’.
- Use a crack and crevice treatment method paying particular attention to the problem area.
- Dust and Mist applications were used to deliver the high quality product to the right areas.
- Only high quality products are used by Amalgamated Pest Control to ensure the safety, effectiveness and long lasting residual effect of the treatment.
- This is why a 12 Month Warranty can be offered on most general pest treatments.
Why use a crack and crevice treatment?
- This method of treatment was used to get the product to the area where the cockroaches were breeding.
- Old style treatment methods (like spraying skirting boards) rely on the pests coming in contact with the product once they are already at large in the home.
Have you got a pest problem or want to know more about the services we offer?
Call Amalgamated Pest Control – Innisfail TODAY on 07 4444 4317